Erath Middle 2020-2021 School Supply Lists (5-14-2020)
2020-2021 PTO/SIC School Shirts to Order! See form here! The information is below:
Erath Middle School’s PTO and the Special Interest Committee at Erath Middle are offering spirit t-shirts for sale. Students can only wear the 2020-2021 t-shirts in lieu of uniform shirts to school Monday – Friday with uniform bottoms. All sales are final. No refunds.
FYI: PBIS will be selling pullover sweatshirts and hoodies which will be available for order at orientation.
Please mail order forms and payments to the EMS office at 800 S. Broadway, Erath, LA 70533 by June 5, 2020. Make checks payable to Erath Middle School. Orders received by June 5th will be available to pick up at Orientation. A second order will be placed after Orientation; however, the items from the second order will not be in before the start of school.
Order Form (one form per student please)
Please indicate color and size for each item ordered from the box below.
Short-sleeve shirts are $15.00 and 3 colors are available See form here!
•Top 25 AR Readers (Must email Mrs. Stephanie for shirt size) See list in the link!
Erath Middle School is still on track to produce a 2019-2020 yearbook!
- There are a few pictures from events that were cancelled that will not be in the book, but every effort is being made to include as much information and memories from this unusual year as we can!
- Quite a few students ordered them at school and online in February for the yearbook drive. Copies are still available for purchase ($30) by going online to Herff Jones yearbook order center:
https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/then enter in the Erath Middle Order Number: 17975
-Many of us have been busy spending time at home and together more often, and some of you have come up with some very creative projects or things to do. We’d like to include in the yearbook some photos showing what students/families/teachers have been up to during their quarantine or social distancing time. You can even include an explanation of what you are doing.
- If you would like to contribute any images (appropriate photos only) of your activities over the last few weeks or in the upcoming weeks, you can do so using one of the following methods:
1. www.hjeshare.com and enter their school code: 17975.
2. Or, you can also simply go to http://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/?code=HJ17975 to bypass the login screen.
3. Also check out the eShare iPhone and Android apps in their respective app stores. These are a great way to contribute photos from mobile phones.
4. Email photos/explanation to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
“A” School Again! We are excited to announce that for the 5th year in a row, we are, once again, an “A” school in one of the highest performing school districts in Louisiana. Our School Performance Score (SPS) is a 94.4 A. Erath Middle School has also been recognized as an "Equity Honoree" and a "Top Gains Honoree" for demonstrating excellence in serving economically disadvantaged students, students with disabilities, and/or English language learners. This is a true testament to our school community’s commitment to high academic standards.
For the past several years, students at EMS have surpassed Louisiana’s LEAP 2025 goal for students scoring at mastery and advanced levels. Erath Middle School’s academic success would not be possible without an entire network of people with a clear vision. We have teachers who are true models of life-long learning. We have parents and community members who support all that we do. And, most of all, we have students who strive for excellence on a daily basis.
We are so proud to say that at Erath Middle School: “This is how we do school!”
School Performance scores are out. Some changes as to how they calculate scores are available. You can see more about that here!
The English Language Arts grade shall be weighted in Reading 60% and Writing 40% in the determination of the nine-week percentage grade.
The Mathematics grade shall be weighted Module Assessments 70% and Assignments/Quizzes 30% in the determination of the nine-week percentage grade.
Need Help to Understand Your Child’s Math Homework?
There are tube videos online that demonstrate lessons taught on a particular topic. Below is a list of steps on how to find and locate a lesson.
1. Go to google.com
2. Type in Eureka, Module number, and lesson number and grade. (Example: Eureka, Module 3, Lesson 4 6th grade
A video, with a teacher teaching that skill, will be linked. This will be helpful in helping your child with homework.